Tuesday 16 October 2012

Hugo Weaving Doesn't Want to Return as Red Skull in 'Captain America 2'


 Hugo Weaving

Speculations that Red Skull may appear in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" will not come true after all. Hugo Weaving, the actor who played the HYDRA leader in "Captain America: The First Avenger", claims that his character will likely not be involved in the sequel and that he is not keen on reprising the supervillain role.

"I did that for 'Captain America'. I think the tendency, with those films, would be to probably not bring a villain back," Weaving tells Collider. "They might for 'The Avengers', but I didn't think I'd be in 'Captain America 2' or '3'. I don't think Red Skull will be there. And it's not something I would want to do again."

He goes on stating, "I'm glad I did it. I did sign up for a number of pictures and I suppose, contractually, I would be obliged to, if they forced me to, but they wouldn't want to force someone to do it, if they didn't want to. I think I've done my dash with that sort of film. It was good to do it and try it out, but to be honest, it's not the sort of film I seek out and really am excited by."

Slated for an April 4, 2014 release in the U.S., "Captain America 2" will bring back Chris Evans as Steve Rogers, Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes who later becomes the Winter Soldier. Anthony Mackie has been cast as Falcon, and the film is currently looking for a right actress to play Steve's new love interest Sharon Carter.

In addition to talking about "Captain America 2", Weaving dishes on whether or not he will reprise his role as Megatron in"Transformers 4". He claims, "No. That's a weird job for me because it honestly was a two-hour voice job, initially. I was doing a play and I actually didn't have time, anyway. It was one of the only things I've ever done where I had no knowledge of it, I didn't care about it, I didn't think about it. They wanted me to do it. In one way, I regret that bit."

"I don't regret doing it, but I very rarely do something if it's meaningless. It was meaningless to me, honestly. I don't mean that in any nasty way. I did it. It was a two-hour voice job, while I was doing other things. Of course, it's a massive film that's made masses of money. I just happened to be the voice of one of the iconic villainous characters."

"But, my link to that and to Michael Bay is so minimal. I have never met him. I was never on set. I've seen his face on Skype. I know nothing about him, really," he adds. "I just went in and did it. I never read the script. I just have my lines, and I don't know what they mean. That sounds absolutely pathetic! I've never done anything like that, in my life. It's hard to say any more about it than that, really."

"Transformers 4" will hit cinemas nationwide on June 27, 2014. As for Weaving, he will next be seen reprising his role as Elrond of "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy in Peter Jackson's upcoming "The Hobbit" series.

Source: aceshowbiz.com

No comments:

Post a Comment