Wednesday 10 July 2013

Jennifer Lopez Reveals Being Homeless Before Hitting Big Time

Jennifer Lopez may now be one of the most successful Hispanic celebrities in America today, but her road to fame and fortune was not without its share of hardship. This was what the singer/actress told in a new W Magazine interview,of how at age 18, she had to leave her parents' home in the Bronx in order to pursue her dreams of being in show business."My mom and I butted heads," Lopez recalls her once conflicting relationship with her mom Guadalupe Rodriguez. "I didn't want to go to college -- I wanted to try dance full-time. So she and I had a break," the 43-year-old entertainer reveals her parents' disapproval over her career choice, prompting her to bravely move out but at the same time forcing her to sleep on a sofa in her dance studio.However, after that brief challenging episode, J.Lo's hard work and perseverance began to bear fruit, leading to her first ever dancing gig in Europe. "When I got back, I booked 'In Living Color.' I became a Fly Girl and moved to L.A.It all happened in a year," Lopez says of her big break in television ina show that featured then budding comedians Jim Carrey and the Wayans brothers.Although she has come a long way from those days and now lives superstar lifestyle in Los Angeles, the Jenny from the Block says nothing compares to living in New York. "All the strength that I neededfor life, I got from that neighborhood," says the "Live It Up" singer.

No comments:

Post a Comment